Chocolate chip cookies are one of my all time favorites and making them in the food processor avoids all the exhausting hand stirring generally required for preparing cookie dough. Below is a recipe for chocolate chip cookies which is prepared using a food processor. The recipe is easy to make and involves making the perfect cookie dough using best food processor at home. Unlike conventional recipes that involve creaming softened butter and sugar; this recipe involves browning the butter which results in the perfect nutty flavor and the ideal chewy texture. Moreover, baking soda is added earlier to allow it to be activated and fully integrated in the dough. Flour is added lastly to prevent it from being overworked and thereby resulting in tough cookies.
- 7 ounces unsalted butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 3/ cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips (semisweet)
- ¼ cup toasted walnuts (optional)
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees. Use parchment paper for lining two baking sheets. Heat five ounces butter in a skillet over medium high flame. While constantly stirring, cook till the butter has a nutty aroma and is dark golden brown. Remove from heat and add the remaining two ounces butter and mix until it is melted. Add the melted butter to the processor bowl and let it cool for fifteen minutes.
- Add brown sugar, granulated sugar, egg, egg yolk, baking soda, vanilla extract, and salt to the processor and process for nearly six seconds till all the ingredients are combined and a smooth mixture is formed. Keep scraping the sides of the bowl as required. Allow the mixture to sit for nearly three minutes. Process again for five minutes and repeat sitting and processing two more times till a smooth, thick, shiny mixture is formed.
- Next put walnuts and chocolate chips and pulse (nearly two times) until they are incorporated in the mixture. Add flour and pulse again till its incorporated and not over mixed (nearly 8 pulses).
- Roll three tablespoons of dough into ball and with a space of two inches place each raw cookie on the prepared sheet.
- Bake cookies in the oven with single sheet at a time. When cookies are golden brown, edges have started to set yet centers are puffy and soft, take them out and allow to cool on for five minutes. Transfer on wire rack and serve when completely cool.
Are you also craving for these perfect chocolate chip cookies? Just get hold of your food processor and try out the recipe.